Thursday, May 21, 2009

He who has ears let him hear. Matthew 11:15

Good evening, fellow bloggers.

I write to you with the hopes of being a source of encouragement and light. I plan to write about myself very little unless it is required for the discussion topic at hand. If you have come to this blog expecting juicy gossip about my life or a detailed family tree analysis, you've come to the wrong place! You may get my occasional rants about society and how overall ridiculous it is, but I promise it will stay relevant to whatever topic I feel led to discuss.

Right, that leads me to these mysterious "topics" I keep mentioning. Here's a disclaimer: all of my topics will be about God; more specifically, following the life modeled by Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior of the world. God tends to teach me valuable truths of His Word in lesson plans, which I file away safely in my brain -- hence the name of this blog, "The God Files". My brain picks up on all sorts of interesting spiritual things but nothing clicks until God gives me the proper external stimuli of a speaker, book, movie, or music to tie it all together. It is like God purposely left the corpus callosum out of my brain so that He could remind me that this wisdom I so readily receive is from Him! This is why Matthew 11:15 "He who has ears" is one of my favorite verses; not only does it explain my personal relationship with Jesus Christ, it reveals the style of my ministry through music and blogging!

Even though I will talk freely about Identity, Love, Sex, Conflict or whatever pops up, I am well aware that there are certain topics more troublesome than others. If you have a conflicting thought, a different translation or outlook please share it respectfully with me. I do my best to keep an open mind and heart to the opinions of other people, regardless of whether you consider yourself to be a Christian or not.

The Lord has transformed me into a woman passionate about changing the world one person at a time. I could not do it without His loving widsom, guidance, and patience. I pray that my humble attempts to exhort you in the ways of Christ will bear great fruit and further the Kingdom of God, and I look forward to the adventure!


Now for those of you who have not run away screaming, I will be glad to show you a summary of my doctrinal beliefs. If you ever want to clarify what it is I believe, feel free to ask me.

I believe in one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all, (Ephesians 4:5-6) existing externally in three persons: Father, Son – who is fully human and fully divine (Colossians 2:9), and the Holy Spirit. I believe that all men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23-25), and that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice (Romans 3:23-25). Those who want to receive eternal salvation need to accept Christ and only Him through faith (1 John 5:11-12) and not on the basis of righteous works (Ephesians 2:8-9). I believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord Jesus Christ and His ascension into heaven (Acts 1:3,9). I believe in the unique divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness and authority of the Bible (2 Timothy 3:16). I believe in the calling to glorify the Lord by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. (Philippians 2:2).

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment